Equilibre Cosmetics Strong Start Face Cream Review
The year I turned 30 I noticed a dramatic shift in my skin. Gone were the days of oily skin and acne. Suddenly my skin needed more hydration than it ever had before in my life (ok ok, I am sure the beauty experts would point out that all skins need to be moisturised). When Tara the creator of Equilibre Cosmetics contacted me to review one of their products I was pretty excited. Equilibre is a new company producing cosmetics with the rider in mind.
Their range currently includes the Strong Start face cream, the Firm Grip hand cream and the Smooth Ride body lotion. They also have a new product the Show Fresh cleansing wipes under development, which I am beyond excited for.
Equilibre is explicit in their values, from packaging which is 100% recyclable to creating vegan products. They also support local equestrian charities by donating a portion of their profits. Care is taken to ensure that the formula is non-irritating to both horse and rider.
Another distinguishing feature is that their products are completely cruelty free. This is so important to me, and I simply will not buy products that aren’t cruelty free. Where many companies claim to be cruelty free and the final product may not be tested on animals, they may include single ingredients that have been tested on animals. At Equilibre, no animal testing whatsoever takes place, instead products are tested on riders.
The cream is packed full of plant based ingredients to leave your skin feeling amazing. After thoroughly testing the strong start face cream for over a month I am impressed. Here’s why:
- The consistency of the face cream is rich and nourishing without feeling heavy or greasy. In fact, I find that the cream has an almost velvety texture which leaves my skin feeling beautifully matte.
- A little cream goes a long way. One pump is enough to cover my face, neck and the back of my hands
- The face cream is naturally and lightly scented with lavender and rose geranium. This was a deliberate decision on behalf of Equilibre who were conscious not to overpower their products with perfumes.
- The packaging is sleek and stylish. Bearing the cute Equilibre branding, it will fit in amongst even the highest end cosmetics in your collection.
- The pump dispenser provides a precise amount in a mess free way. No dipping your finger into a tub to come out with too much or too little.
The Strong Start face cream retails for $38.00 USD. While this is not the cheapest face moisturiser on the market, I figure if you are going to splurge on one skin care product it really should be your moisturiser. Its the one thing between your skin and the world.
You can find a stockiest near you on the Equilibre website. Whilst there are currently no Australian stockists, you can order directly from American and Canadian stockists.