Blogger Recognition Award Pet Edition 2017
These ladies have been blogging much longer than me and run brilliant sites, so it was a huge honor to receive this accolade. Thank you so much Heather, Roosa and Sophie!
About the Blogger Recognition Award:
This award is for Bloggers by Bloggers and I love the ‘pay it forward’ feel of this award. There are a few rules:
- Thank the nominating blogger.
- Respond to the nominating blogger with a link to this post on their blog.
- Write a post about the award.
- Share a story of how and why you started your blog.
- Offer at least two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Pass on the nomination to another 15 bloggers.
Why I started blogging:
I started my blog at the end of last year after contemplating the idea for quite some time. When the idea first entered my mind a few years ago, I had thought that I would make use of my expertise as a dietitian and blog mainly about nutrition and how this relates to the equestrian athlete. I wrote several lists about all the topics I could cover, but these never eventuated as my self doubt overpowered the spark of desire. Last year I was successful in obtaining sponsorship through a great Australia clothing company, Wilson Equestrian and to help promote their gear I wrote a monthly update/blog. In doing so I remembered how much I love writing and expressing myself in a creative manner, a far cry from the dry, factual writing that is the bread and butter of my work as a clinical dietitian. Writing these monthly updates gave me the confidence to start my passion project, aka ‘The Sand Arena Ballerina’.
What I got when I started blogging was so much more than I could ever have anticipated, I have ‘met’ a fabulous group of fellow bloggers through the Facebook group Equestrian Bloggers and from reading far and wide. It’s also facilitated connections with equestrians all across the globe – people who understand the realities of a life where horses are central.
So would I recommend blogging to others?
ABSOLUTELY! I’d also offer the following pieces of advice:
1. Write about topics that you are passionate about or that elicit a strong emotions. This will come through on the screen and will draw people in.
2. Don’t shy away from writing about a topic just because it has already been covered by another blogger as you will undoubtedly bring your own unique perspective to it.
I would now like to nominate the following blog’s for the Blogger Recognition Award for 2017:
Dead Broke Equestrian
These are some of my favourite blogs, so be sure to check them out!